Watch the universe light up as a spectacular meteor shower take over the UAE skies for a celestial spectacle like never before. The Geminids meteor shower will be visible to the naked eye on December 14th & 15th
Geminids Meteor Shower – Dec 14th & 15th
The Geminids are considered to be one of the most spectacular meteor showers of the year. At its peak, you can see 120 shooting stars per hour. Talk about the universe putting on a show! The shower gets it name from the fact that it emerges from the constellation Gemini. Unlike most other meteor showers, the Geminids are associated with an asteroid (the 3200 Phaethon) and not with a comet.
Geminids is active from November 19 to December 24, but will be at their most intense on December 14 and 15
Also read: Things To Do In Dubai In December 2022; Concerts, Shopping, Food & Free Activities
How to See The Geminids Meteor Shower?
Luckily just like the Leonid Meteor Shower that took place in November, you do not need any particular skill set or equipment to watch the meteor shower. It’s easily visible to the naked eye.
Geminids Meteor Shower At Al Qudra Desert
- General Tickets: AED 120
- Kids (Under 13): AED 100
- DAG Members: AED 70
- – We can provide financial aid for DAG Members’ family members. Call or WhatsApp +971 4 221 6603 for support.
Date: 14 Dec 2022 (Wednesday night)
Time: 08:00 PM – 12:00 AM
Location: Al Qudra Desert – Dubai
- 08:10 PM – Event Introduction
- 08:20 PM – Talk: Geminids Meteor Shower
- 09:30 PM – Arabian Astronomy
- 09:45 PM – Sky Mapping Session (Stories about the Constellations)
- 10:00 PM – Q & A Session
- 11:30 PM – Moon Rise/Observation
- Telescope Observation all throughout the evening (Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, and some deep sky objects)
- Phone photography of celestial objects through the telescopes
You can book your tickets here