If the thought of celebrating New Year’s Eve surrounded by tall buildings, loud noises, crowded spaces, and fireworks doesn’t sound like you, then maybe you’d prefer being surrounded by nature, soft lighting, loved ones, and a starry night sky. This New Year’s Eve if celebrating with fireworks isn’t your speed then spend it at these fabulous desert camps around Dubai instead. This your perfect and most peaceful way to ring in 2024.
1. Al Qudra Lakes: Nature’s Symphony – Dubai
Al Qudra Lakes, located just 40 km from Dubai, offers a picturesque setting with man-made lakes surrounded by towering dunes. Designated camping areas provide an opportunity to pitch a tent and relish breathtaking sunset views. The lack of light pollution makes it an ideal spot for stargazing at night.
2. Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve: Eco-Friendly Oasis
For an eco-conscious desert experience, head to the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, 45 km southeast of Dubai. As the region’s first national park, it focuses on preserving the natural habitat. Camp overnight with a permit or join a desert safari tour. Encounter native wildlife like Arabian oryx, and enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of rolling dunes during the sunset.
3. Lahbab Desert: Dunes & Drama – Dubai
Lahbab Desert, near the Al Ain border, boasts dramatic high dunes offering privacy and thrilling activities like sandboarding and dune bashing. Overnight desert safari packages include camel rides, quad biking, and cultural performances. Waking up to a sunrise over these epic dunes is an experience that will make you fall in love with desert camping.
4. Lehbab Desert Resort: Luxury In The Dunes
Located near the Oman border, Lehbab Desert Resort offers a luxurious camping experience deep in the desert. Tents come equipped with comfortable beds, private bathrooms, and AC. Enjoy activities like camel treks, dune bashing, falconry displays, and tandem paragliding. The remote location ensures an excellent stargazing experience away from city lights.
Desert Camping Etiquettes: Making Memories Responsibly
Camping in the serene desert is a fantastic adventure, and a dash of etiquette ensures everyone has a great time. Here’s our friendly guide:
- Leave No Trace: Let’s keep the desert pristine. Pack up everything you bring in, including trash. Mother Nature will thank you!
- Respect Your Neighbors: Everyone’s out here for a good time. Keep noise levels, such as music, to an appropriate level after dark to let the stars have their moment, and your fellow campers enjoy the peaceful vibes.
- Mind the Wildlife: Desert critters have their own rhythm. Avoid disturbing them, and they’ll share the beauty of their habitat with you.
- Campfire Courtesy: If you’re building a fire, be mindful. Keep it safe, controlled, and away from anything flammable.
- Headlights and Stars: When driving at night, use your headlights sparingly and responsibly. It helps preserve the magic of the starlit sky for everyone.
- Share the Space: The desert is vast, and so is the joy of camping. Be considerate of fellow campers’ spots, giving everyone their own slice of paradise.
Remember, the desert is a magical place we all get to enjoy, so let’s keep it that way! Happy New Year’s Everyone!
You may also like: 5 Must-Visit Desert Restaurants To Indulge In