The festive season is here and with that, the amazing winter markets of the UAE are also here! These markets are open for just the winter season and they have everything you need for the festive season and winter. So here are 7 winter markets in the UAE that you have to visit:
1. Winter Garden, Al Habtoor City:
This winter garden, located just outside of Al Habtoor City, offers a variety of fun activities for the entire family. There are kid-friendly rides, a special play area, art exhibitions, and more. Foodies, on the other hand, will have plenty of vendors to visit and delight in. The winter garden is already open and will be open until March 31, 2023.
The Winter Garden is a colourful & delicious amalgamation of culture, street food kiosks, live entertainment, multiple attractions & just a general sense of festivity.
When: 1st November 2022 to 31st December 2022
Where: Winter Garden, in front of Habtoor Palace Dubai – Al Habtoor City Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Timings: Daily | 4 pm to 12 am
2. Winter City At Expo City; Free Entry, Festivities & Attractions
Starting November 23 to January 8, 2023, Expo City Dubai’s Mobility District, Surreal water feature and Al Wasl Plaza at will host 50 days of festivities. So beginning Friday, 9 December a whole range of Christmas celebrations will be underway.
Christmas Celebrations At Winter City
Winter City is absolutely free to visit, which means that everyone is welcome to the Christmas delight. Please note that a few activities & workshops are chargeable.
Here’s what you can look forward to from December 9th:
- A jaw-dropping 52-foot Christmas tree that will be lit up at Al Wasl Dome, celebrating the theme of ‘White Christmas’
- The second edition of Expo 2020’s popular Mrs Claus Christmas Show from December 20-29 which will include live entertainment, and something you should definitely not miss out on!
- Daily nightly projection shows
- Gingerbread, wreath and ornament-making workshops
- A Santa’s Grotto
- A dedicated place for kids to post their letters to Santa
- Jumping, sliding, climbing and zip-lining activities
- Carols by Candlelight show from December 20-25
- Traditional fairground games
- A chalet-style Christmas market
- A 2 week winter camp for kids aged 6-12 years, from December 12-23 at Terra – The Sustainability Pavilion and week 2 from Alif – The Mobility Pavilion
3. Winter Wonderland At Ski Dubai
Experience your most magical Christmas yet! Ski Dubai brings you this year’s Winter Wonderland, complete with non-stop entertainment, festive activities, gifts from Santa and more! Surprise your family with a visit to Santa this winter from 1st to 25th December. There are plenty of experiences to choose from:
- Penguin Encounter
- or 2 Snow Bullet Rides
- or 1 Hour Ski / Snowbaord Discovery Lesson for experienced skiers/snowboarders (Skill level 2+)
- or a 2 Hours Slope Session
- Unlimited access to rides including: Chairlift, Mountain Thriller, Zorb Ball, Bobsled, Tubing Run, Snow Bumpers
- Meet and greet with Santa
- A gift from Santa
- Signature hot chocolate
- A printed photo with Santa
You can book your tickets here
Address: Sheikh Zayed Rd – Al Barsha – Al Barsha 1 – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
4. Winterfest by McGettigan’s
Sunday, Nov 20th to Saturday, Dec 24th
The magical wonderland of festive celebrations – WinterFest, has come to Dubai Media City Amphitheatre. The Winterfest is a dedicated family area, with Christmas markets, festive food stalls, and plenty of Christmas activities to keep the young ones and adults entertained with festive fun and games right through to December.
Eat a mince pie or sip a mulled wine while you marvel at our giant Christmas tree. Then burn up some Christmas excitement while rollerblading around a Christmas tree on our custom Roll DXB roller rink or shop around for Christmas trinkets in our Chiristmas market street.
There will be plenty of fun for the young ones, so bring them down to bring the festive miracles to life. Join in for real snow fights, meet with Santa and so much more…
General Access tickets are just AED 50, which is fully redeemable on activities, food and beverages. Book tickets here
Monday- Friday- 12pm-3am
Address: Cluster J, Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai
5. Madinat Jumeirah’s Festive Market
The Madinat Jumeirah Festive Market on Madinat Jumeirah Fort Island is spread across 1750 sqm of immersive family activities including our North Pole Train, a four-lane bungee and a Venetian carousel. Children will also have the chance to take Abra rides with Santa and decorate their own gingerbread house. Delicious festive food and drinks will be available while a live band plays seasonal favourites. This year, Jumeirah One members guests can redeem their points on festive food and beverage purchases at select stalls.
Hotel guests can access the Festive market via Jumeirah Mina A’Salam. For external guests, access via Souk Madinat — parking is limited so arriving by taxi is highly recommended.
This festive experience includes:
- 36 ft Christmas tree
- Light and Sound Christmas Tress shows
- Mini Train rides
- Bungee Jumping
- Venetian Carousel
- Festive Decorated Abra Rides
- Ginger Breadhouse’s
- Festive shopping
- Festive dining
- Live Band entertainment
15 December – 30 December
Monday to Thursday, 15:00 – Late
Friday to Sunday, 12:00 – Late
6. Gingerbread Village At Times Square Centre
The magical festive season arrives at Times Square Center! Enjoy fun adventures with their jolly gingerbread residents, and a flurry of free activities for the whole family.
- Meet & Greet with Santa & Friends
- Mrs. Klaus Arts & Crafts
- Gingerbread Decorating Workshop
- Festive Carols
- Marks & Spencer Festive Pop-up
- Games, Prizes, & Giveaways
- Roaming Parades & Entertainment
- Festive Themed Markets
Meet & Greet with Santa & Elves!
Bring your kids, bring your friends — bring anyone you know who’s been good this year. Experience the festive cheer straight from the North Pole at Santa’s Grotto! Wrap up your visit with a photo and take home a special keepsake.
A “Nice” certificate will be awarded along with a sweet treat for all the visitors.
- Free Entry, all ages are welcome
- 15 – 24 December
- 2:00pm – 3:30pm | 4:15 – 6:00pm | 6:45pm – 8:00pm
Festive Games, Arts & Crafts Station Gingerbread Decorating Workshop
Each day is filled with holiday fun at Gingerbread Village!
Join Mrs. Klaus and friends for some fun festive-themed games, arts & crafts, gingerbread decorating workshop, and much more!
- Free Entry, kids 5 years and above
- 15 – 24 December
- 2:00pm -3:00pm | 3:30pm – 4:30pm | 5:00pm – 6:30pm | 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Here is the entire schedule for you to check out – Times Square center activity schedule