New strict protocols are being enforced in the city of Dubai from today (2nd February). These protocols will be effective till the 28th of February. All these guidelines are issued in the interest of curbing the spread of the coronavirus. One of the main guideline is, all licensed bars and pubs (that are not restaurants) must be closed immediately. Other guidelines also majorly pertain to entertainment activities and places.
#Dubai’s Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management announces new set of precautionary measures against COVID-19
Supreme Committee: Measures taken in response to rise in violations of preventive measures
Measures effective from 2nd February to 28th February 2021 pic.twitter.com/DmIN1ruuob
— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) February 1, 2021
Following Are The Hygiene Protocols That Begin From Today (2nd February) Until 28th February:
- 50% reduction in the capacity of indoor seated venues including cinemas, entertainment/sports venues.
- Malls to operate at 70% capacity
- Hotels to operate at 70% capacity; new bookings should comply.
- The capacity of swimming pools and private beaches in hotels to be limited to 70%.
- Restaurants and cafes required to close by 1am
- Tougher penalties for deliberately disregarding preventive measures
- Public encouraged to report violations by individuals or entities through Dubai Police’s Call Centre 901 or Police Eye service through Dubai Police App