Come November, and Dubai turns into a magical fairyland! From outdoor concerts to open air eateries with the best views & of course Christmas, the city of gold definitely knows how to put on a show. With so much going on, of course Expo City is going to be part of the fun & of course it’s going to be bigger & better than most other places. So starting November 23 to January 8, 2023, Expo City Dubai’s Mobility District, Surreal water feature and Al Wasl Plaza at will host 50 days of festivities.
Winter City By Expo City Dubai – What Is It?
Expo City Dubai will be hosting the official Fan City’ For FIFA World Cup Qatar starting November 23rd. Celebrations will continue well into National Day and the following long weekend. But of course, a Winter City only makes sense when it gets all Chrismassy and awesome. So beginning Friday, 9 December a whole range of Christmas celebrations will be underway.
Christmas Celebrations At Winter City
Winter City is absolutely free to visit, which means that everyone is welcome to the Christmas delight. Please note that a few activities & workshops are chargeable.
Here’s what you can look forward to from December 9th:
- A jaw-dropping 52-foot Christmas tree that will be lit up at Al Wasl Dome, celebrating the theme of ‘White Christmas’
- The second edition of Expo 2020’s popular Mrs Claus Christmas Show from December 20-29 which will include live entertainment, and something you should definitely not miss out on!
- Daily nightly projection shows
- Gingerbread, wreath and ornament-making workshops
- A Santa’s Grotto
- A dedicated place for kids to post their letters to Santa
- Jumping, sliding, climbing and zip-lining activities
- Carols by Candlelight show from December 20-25
- Traditional fairground games
- A chalet-style Christmas market
- A 2 week winter camp for kids aged 6-12 years, from December 12-23 at Terra – The Sustainability Pavilion and week 2 from Alif – The Mobility Pavilion
It's the most wonderful time of the year ☃️
Bring your friends & family as the spirit of Christmas transforms Expo City into a Winter City wonderland. pic.twitter.com/2n6AAaqkOY
— ExpoCityDubai (@ExpoCityDubai) November 4, 2022