Winter has made its way to Dubai, and with it the Emirate has come alive with hordes of activities. From shopping to Diwali celebrations, to light shows and the Dubai fitness run – there’s definitely a lot to do. Adding to that list is the ‘Sports & Fitness Weekend’ organised by Expo City Dubai on November 12th and 13th.
The Sports & Fitness Weekend
Unless you’re living under a rock, you’ve obviously heard about Expo City Dubai and the fantastic light shows and line up this year. For the Dubai Fitness Challenge 2022, Expo City will be having a fun weekend filled with HIIT, yoga, exercises, dance and lots more.
- On Saturday, 12th November there will be a 3km, 5km, 10km and 15km Expo City Run. Book the Dubai Expo City Run here. Sign up soon as places are limited to 3,000 runners. Registration is AED100 and includes a custom-made race T-shirt and medal, as well as chip timing and a downloadable certificate.
- On Sunday 13 November, Expo City Ride will take place with a 3km parade lap through iconic features of Expo City, following which riders have the option to take part in 12km, 18km, 40km and 74km around the flat roads of Dubai South. Book the Dubai Expo City Cycling Race here
- Advance reservations are required for both of these activities. Register your participation here
Free Activities At The Sports & Fitness Weekend
Al Wasl arena will be hosting a range of fun activities for both adults and kids. Get your dancing shoes on (along with your sports shoes), and check out the Zumba party sessions, pure Bhangra workouts and lots more.
Also read: Special Free Diwali Light Shows Lined Up At Expo City Dubai’s Al Wasl Dome
- Les Mills Body Balance will be hosting a new generation of “yoga” sessions that balance physical and mental abilities and contribute to improving the nature of your life.
Timings: held from 5 pm
- Barry’s Bootcamp will take you to max action Saturday at 7pm
- Participate in a enthusiastic Zumba Party session with Jed & Crew Saturday at 8 pm
- Breathing exercises, yoga and meditation session with the expert “Manish Paul” Sunday starting from 5:30 pm
- The Platform Studios team organizes high intensity training sessions Sunday at 7 pm
- Dance Classes from Pure Bhangra Sunday at 8pm
- Enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view of Expo City from the raised platform Thuraya Park , which is being converted into a stationary bike studio by Storm Cycling on the afternoon and evening of Sunday 13th November.
Storm Ride in The Sky takes you to the limits of action, with stationary bike classes within this elevated destination
Take your pick or join in wherever you wish for a super fun, adrenaline pumped weekend.
Days: 12th & 13th November 2022
Address: X562+974 – Al Wasl Avenue – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
How To Get There: Using the metro is the most appropriate way to reach the site, noting that the metro lines operate daily in both directions.