India is a country known for its colours and diversity. Many cultures and religions live here in harmony. Hence it is but natural for western cultures to get inspired by Indian things, here are 5 celebrities that expressed their love for Indian things:
- Lady Gaga’s love for Indian food & spices: “I just love to eat Indian food. I go for curry whenever I can. I could eat it every day, but I get hot because I like it spicy. Afterwards, I just sweat, but it’s nice to have a little glow on your face. I want to eat so much and just go into an Indian food coma.”
- Rihanna: she got a tattoo of a Sanskrit prayer from the Bhagavad Gita on her right hip. The tattoo if translated means, ‘forgiveness, honesty, suppression and control’.
- Tom Cruise’s love for Indian food: “The last time Katie Holmes and I were in the UK, we went to a good Indian restaurant near the Dorchester Hotel. I ate the hottest curry they had. Man, I loved it. I couldn’t get enough.”
- Kristen Stewart’s love for Bollywood: “If someone offers me a good script, I would love to work in a Bollywood film. I would love to work with Hrithik Roshan. He is such a wonderful actor and so good-looking. In fact, if I have a boy, I would want him to look like Hrithik Roshan, but with Rob’s (her then-boyfriend and on-screen husband) eyes.”
- Bill Gates’ love for Indian food: “I love Indian food. I have it for lunch at work pretty often and it’s just great. But going to India is phenomenal. I probably eat far more than I should when I travel to India as it is such a great chance to eat the local food. In particular, I really like lamb curries and some of the chicken dishes.”